Women generally every month the arrival of “guests” aka having menstrual periods. On average the women having periods every month for between two to seven days. But not infrequently also humiliation of women who experience menstrual periods longer than two weeks or more.
On this subject, should not be underestimated and should be detected early. Because there may be dangers lurking your health condition. Menstrual period occurred in all women since puberty, the average age of 11 or 12 years until menopause. Menstruation occurs when an egg cell is located in the uterine lining to decay because it is not fertilized by sperm, resulting in bleeding and out through the vagina or Miss V.
The length of each menstrual period of women varies between two to seven days, with an average interval of 28 days. However, the time span between menstrual periods also vary from 24 days to 35 days, it is still considered normal.
But if your menstrual period is too long even by more than two weeks, you need to be aware of some health reasons that caused it. This may be reasonable if you are nearing the age of menopause, which is between 45-55 years of age due to hormonal changes very drastically.
Here are some of the causes of menstrual periods become longer, as reported empower, Thursday (11/10):
1. The growth of non-cancerous fibroids in the uterus (uterine fibroids).
2. Growth of polyps in the uterus.
3. Have endometriosis, a disease in which uterine endometrial tissue growth protruding uterus up.
4. With pelvic inflammatory disease
5. Temporary hormonal imbalance, for example, when changing hormonal contraception.
6. Installation of the copper IUD contraceptives may make your periods become heavier.
7. Pregnant and miscarried, maybe you think blood pregnancy miscarriages of previously unknown as menstrual blood.
8. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB / Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding), doctors do not know what causes DUB and can diagnose you with this condition if it can not find the cause of the bleeding.
If there is no obvious physical cause, especially if you have middle-aged, the doctor will probably wait until your menopause and explain this because hormonal imbalance and can heal on its own without treatment.
As for the pelvic examination and ultrasound uterus will be done to see if there are specific abnormalities that cause the length of the menstrual period. Doctors will perform the operation if it finds fibroids, polyps, or endometrial lining in a place that was not supposed to. Other treatments include hormone replacement therapy, drug therapy make menstrual periods lighter, and anti-inflammatory to reduce the loss of too much blood.
If the length of menstrual periods due to copper IUD contraception, can be altered by hormonal IUD. Hormonal IUD reduces menstrual periods, while the copper IUD makes it heavier. Then you also need to take nutritional supplements to replace the nutrients lost due to excessive bleeding.