Everyone knows that chiropractors treat back pain. But just how exactly?
This is the question that nay-sayers have always asked regarding chiropractic care. Having someone ‘tinker’ with your back does seem frightening at first because the back is such a critical part of just about everything that happens in your body. But it’s important to remember that when chiropractors help back pain, they’re not ‘tinkering’ with the back, they’re treating it! This is how they do it.
The two main forms of treatment that chiropractors use to treat back pain are spinal manipulation and mobilization. Spinal manipulation, or manual manipulation as it’s also called, involves using a quick arm thrust that is applied to any abnormal vertebrae in the spine. These vertebrae may be causing great pain because it’s pinching a nerve, interfering with other vertebrae, or causing other damage.
Mobilization is a technique that takes a bit more time and is a gentler process, although it is also just as effective. With mobilization, chiropractors gently stretch and move muscles and joints, in the hopes that the patient will regain more mobilization in these areas. The theory behind treating back pain this way is that the less a patient uses the sore muscle or joint, the more quickly it’s going to heal.
Of course, spinal manipulation and mobilization aren’t the only techniques that chiropractors use to treat back pain. Things such as ultrasounds and traction; exercises to strengthen inactive or under-active muscles; pelvic stabilization, which places a small heel in the shoe to correct instability; and ergonomics to change a person’s lifestyle either at home or work that may be hurting their back.
If you have back pain, there are many ways that a chiropractor can help. It’s safe and effective, and will have you back on your feet again in no time – which is more than can be said for any painkiller!
Incoming search terms:
- powered by SMF back pain chiropractic
- powered by SMF golf swing technique
- powered by SMF lower back exercises
- powered by SMF treatment for lower back injury
- powered by SMF lower back ache
- powered by SMF back pain therapy
- powered by SMF neck and back injury
- powered by SMF lower right back pain
- powered by SMF pain treatment
- powered by SMF pinched nerve lower back
- powered by SMF the pain
- powered by SMF things to help strengthen pelvic muscles
- powered by phpBB neck and back pain
- powered by SMF history of deaf people
- powered by SMF golf shoes
- powered by SMF golf courses
- powered by SMF exercises for lower back pain
- powered by SMF back on
- powered by SMF back in
- powered by SMF back back pain
- powered by SMF workout