Does your PC take ages to download movies, music, games and other important files? Does your internet dawdle incessantly while you impatiently wait for the files to get downloaded? Are you fed up of having to wait for hours to download large files and wish you could download any file without having to blow more than an hour over it?
Well, if you wish to skyrocket your download speed in a zap without having to spend fretful hours over your PC, then this write-up is indeed meant for you. Having a snail-paced download rate is like being stuck in an old coupé with the accelerator down. Anything from extra programs running on your computer to your ‘internet service provider’ and web traffic can mar your download speed. However, you aren’t the only one stuck in this slow rut. Thankfully, there are smarter ways to break the download monotony. If you are looking for ways to increase your download speed, you have indeed come to the right place. Surf through this write-up and increase your computer’s download speed for good. To know more on this, read on.
Ways To Increase Download Speed
- Nothing can be more frustrating than slow downloads that can mar your online enjoyment and drive you up the wall. If your computer seems to take an eternity to download a file, then you better check with your Internet service provider and find out more about other Internet connection options. Remember, it is your Internet speed that determines your download velocity. For instance, if you have a dial-up internet connection, it would be a better idea to upgrade your connection to a ‘high-speed broadband internet connection’ like cable connection or ‘Direct Service Line’ (DSL).
- High connectivity is calculated by the amount of data that can be downloaded per second, using Kbps (kilobits per second) or Mbps (megabits per second). One-megabit sums up to 1024 kilobits. Nearly all dial-up connections measure up to 56 Kbps, while cable connections can be as fast as 20 Mbps. If you wish to determine the speed of your internet connection, contact your ISP. He should be able to notify you on the speed of your connection.
- Other important factors that can mar your download speed are some other programs or processes running simultaneously on your computer. Make sure that you shut down all other open programs before beginning with your download. This would facilitate your computer to handle data transfer more resourcefully.
- Always prioritize your downloads before transferring the files to save yourself from getting stuck with snail-pace speed. Download the files that are of utmost importance first, and then move on to transfer other files later. Remember, the more files you download at the same time, the slower the speed.
- If you are bogged by poor download speed during the day, try downloading movies, music, games or any other files at night. It so happens that more and more people download the same file at a time, thereby slowing down the download speed. If you are tied down with slow download, try doing it at a different time of the day when less people are likely to be active online.
- If all else fails, you can consider installing a ‘Download Accelerator’ to optimize your computer’s download speed. Installing a download accelerator not only boosts your download speed, but also helps you to manage your download well. A download accelerator helps in saving the file while you are downloading it, thereby leaving you with the option of resuming your download anytime later.