These emails are the ones where you really make your money. Well, actually you really make your money when you build a strong relationship with your subscribers, but these promotional emails are where you collect the money.
The secret to writing successful promotional emails is that the better your relationship is with your list, the easier it will be to promote something to them.
If you have built a solid relationship with your subscribers by sending them free content and free gifts that are all high quality and valuable, then you have already created the trust necessary for them to be comfortable clicking through to your sales page and checking out the product you are offering.
If you’re sending subscribers to your own product pages, then they will be used to reading your style and personality, but if you’re sending them to an affiliate product then you need to tie them into your own credibility in your email.
You see if you’re sending them to an affiliate offer created by someone they’ve never heard of before, you need to put their mind at ease and tell them that they can trust this person as well.
So what you can do to tie in the affiliate offer with your own credibility with your list is by talking about how you have benefited from this product.
Tell them about a problem you were having and how you struggled with this problem for a long time, before you found this product and used it for yourself. The product worked for you, so that’s why you want to recommend that same product to your subscribers.
Basically what you’re saying is that this product is good enough for you, so it’s good enough to share with your subscribers as well.
Remember your subscribers trust you, so if you recommend something, there’s a good chance they’re going to check it out.
If you’re promoting a product you’ve just created, then tell your subscribers that this is a new product and you want them to check it out.
Keep it short and simple.
Something else you can do if you are promoting a product that isn’t new is to qualify the readers first. So you could write something like:
“Do you want to learn how to create high-converting squeeze pages?
Then check this out: “
So you qualify people to ensure that only people who want to learn about this specific lesson will click through, which is going to mean your sales page converts at a much higher rate.
This is part of email marketing course series of posts. I hope you have enjoyed this email marketing training course, and that you go out and actually implement what you have learnt. Don’t just go through this training course and then do nothing with it.
Don’t miss this complete series of email marketing course:
- What’s The Purpose Of Your Email Campaign?
- How To Organize Your Email Campaign
- How To Create Credibility With Your Subscribers
- How To Create Rapport With Your Subscribers
- How You Should Write Your Emails
- Writing Headlines For Your Emails
- Writing A Call-To-Action In Your Email
- How To Write Content Emails
- How To Write Free Gift Emails
- How To Write Promotional Emails
- How To Write Feedback Emails
- How To Write Emails That Generate A Response
- How To Properly Format Your Emails
- Why You Must Write Your Own Emails
- How Often Should You Be Mailing Your List?
- How To Track The Success Of Your Campaigns
- The Biggest Email Marketing Myth
- How To Make Money From Your Subscribers In The Long Run