Bengaluru: The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIITB) has invited application for its Master of Science (M.Sc) programme in Digital Society for the academic year 2016-17.
The master programme is intended for graduate student from any stream who are looking forward to pursue a career in designing, developing, deploying and managing large ICT solutions for an inclusive and sustainable digital society.
The batch size for academic year 2016-17 will be 30.
- An under-graduate degree (of at least 3 years duration) in any discipline with a first division/class from a recognised University. Those expecting to graduate by 1st August 2016 may also apply.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications; some prior certification of computer application/programming from a recognized institute could be useful but is not mandatory.
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage, but is not mandatory.
Application and admission process:
- Link for the online application form and other relevant guidelines will be available here on 15th January 2016.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000 as mentioned in the instructions on the aforesaid application portal.
- Candidates whose application is found in order will have to take a written examination at IIIT Bangalore that will test numerical/quantitative, analytical, and verbal abilities, as well as design, social, and information technology awareness. Sample questions for the entrance examination are available on the aforesaid application portal. They will also be required to appear for a personal interview at IIIT Bangalore.
- The final list of candidates to be admitted will be decided after the interview.
15th March 2016: Last date for submitting online applications
27th and 28th March 2016: Entrance exam and personal interviews at IIIT Bangalore
10th April 2016: Release of first list of selected candidates
31st May 2016: Payment of balance fees for first semester and hostel/mess deposits/charges
15th July 2016: Registrations for the new batch
Classes will commence from 18th July, 2016 onwards.