Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra has finally broken the silence over its first ever compact SUV, the Mahindra TUV 300 setting much of speculation about the eagerly awaited vehicle to rest.
1. Mahindra & Mahindra has officially announced that the Mahindra TUV 300 will be launched on 10th September, 2015. The TUV 300 SUV is slated to be launched from the manufacturer’s Chakan Plant in Maharashtra. Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) President & Chief Executive, (Automotive) Pravin Shah said, “We will be launching our new compact SUV named TUV 300 at Chakan plant, where we also produce other products like the XUV 500”.
2. The Mahindra TUV 300 SUV has been made from scratch, and that too in-house, at Mahindra Research Valley (MRV) in Chennai.
3. The Mahindra TUV 300’s look is ecpected to be sensational as it has received design inputs from leading design firm Pininfarina. However, the company wants to underline its ‘Indian’ lineage’ too. Pravin Shah had this to say about the Mahindra TUV 300, “Signifying a true ‘Make-in-India’ product, the design of the Mahindra TUV300 is inspired by a battle tank”. As Mahindra refines the appearance, it is said the SUV carries the squared off-cues too. Other design features include large windows, short front and rear overhangs that give a sporty appeal plus raised shoulders, high front nose, flat roof, high ground clearance and straight bonnet.
4. The Mahindra TUV 300 will be powered by a 1.5 litre mHawk 80 diesel motor – 80 probably denoting the power output.
5. With the introduction of the Mahindra TUV 300, the automaker aims to establish itself as a full-fledged SUV manufacturer by introducing one car in every SUV segment. The Mahindra TUV 300 will be competing with the likes of Ford EcoSport, Renault Duster, Maruti S-Cross and Hyundai Creta.