Today, the world will observe the insane possibilities of a truly Digitalized democracy.
In a scale never seen or heard in India, Govt. is all set to kickstart massive Digitalization program across the country today.
At 4 PM in New Delhi, PM Modi will inaugurate Digital India Week, wherein Government’s Digital India vision would be showcased in front of 400 dignitaries. As per the IT Ministry, Rs 2 lakh crore of fresh investments is expected during the next 7 days. This is over and above Rs 1.5 lakh crore budget already announced for the Digital India vision last year.
Thus, the next 7 days will see an inflow and exhibition of around Rs 3.5 lakh crore worth of Digitalization initiatives across the country, supported by both the Govt. and private players.
Some mind boggling facts figures and facts concerning the Digital India Week, staring from July 1st, 2015:
- Some of the dignitaries who would be attending this event: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Airbus Group CEO Tom Enders, Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry, Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji. Overall, 10,000 who is who of Indian and International Corporate bigwigs would grace the occasion.
- Invitations have been sent to Bill Gates and Narayan Murthy as well, but they won’t be able to attend the event due to time constraints.
- Overall, 1500 VVIPs would be present, which includes 50 ambassadors and high commissioners.
- The logo of Digital India would be inaugurated using a laser beam
- The Department of Electronics and IT (DeitY) has revealed that Rs 2 lakh crore worth of investments would be announced from domestic as well as International companies.
- Inspired by the magnitude of the program, similar events would be held across 36 states and 600 districts. Some of them being: Entrepreneurs from Tamil Nadu will attend the event; Kerala Govt. will launch different plans; Karnataka to hold several events; Telangana will announce new plans; Associations in Jammu & Kashmir are planning events.
- All Universities and Colleges have been asked to provide arrangements for screening of the event at their respective locations. In fact, UGC had even issued a circular on this and shared it with every possible college and varsities.
- Mumbai University has also launched an app for spreading more information about the Digital India week among students.
- IT Ministry has sent directives to all Software Parks (SEZs) in the country, to make sure that their employees are able to view the inauguration at 4PM by PM Modi. In the directive, it has been mentioned that all IT firms must “make arrangements for showcasing the inaugural event in their common area with the available platform at their location”, and must “instruct all employees to watch the main event at their premises through TV/webcasting”
The objective and purpose of this mega event and drive is to create awareness about Digital possibilities, and to spread knowledge about E-governance initiatives. Plans regarding e-education, e-health, telemedicine would be shared, along with e-locker facility, e-filing of all mandatory Government forms, WiFi plans for future, update on National Optical Fiber Network (which is currently being implemented); spread of high speed broadband in rural areas at discounted rates and more.
Here are the official links from where you can watch live streaming of the event:
This is easily one of those unprecedented moments in the history of Indian business and technology, which can totally alter the way our economy is growing forward.