New Delhi: After Jan Dhan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched three mega social security initiatives — one pension and two insurance schemes.
These schemes are aimed at providing affordable universal access to essential social security protection in a convenient manner linked to auto-debit facility from the bank account of a subscriber.
Stay tuned as we bring live updates from the event.
– PM ends speech to loud applause.
– Swami Vivekanand has inspired us to serve the poor. We are committed to go ahead with this ideology and serve the needy.
– I want that maximum people should avail the benefit under the schemes before 30 August.
– I appeal to the people to rush towards their nearest bank to avail benefit under the social schemes.
– Opening of accounts under PM Jan Dhan Yojana within one week was a record of sorts. Similarly, under the pilot project of the social security scheme 5 crore 5 lakh people have enrolled themselves.
– The three schemes have been started for the benefit of the poor.
– You can choose the pension limit as per your liability.
– I have come as a “Pradhan Sevak” to you. I have brought the schemes for those youngsters who can lead a dignified life when they grow old.
– Under the Atal Pension scheme you can be carefree about old age.
– Only 10-15 percent people in India are lucky enough to get pension.
– I would appeal to crores of Indians to come out and support the needy. You can begin this by helping your domestic help, your lift man, your driver by paying just Rs 12 on his behalf.
– To say that only big corporate houses bring economic revolution will be wrong. The roadside tea seller, stall holder, small businesses actually contribute significantly to the growth of the nation.
– The social security schemes are a part of our responsibility towards the poor.
– We are asking the world to Make in India and at the same time we are opening bank accounts for the poor.
– The launching of the schemes coincides with Gurudev’s birth anniversary. I am sure that Gurudev’s blessing will make the poor people more powerful in the nation.
– We must change our thought process. The poor do not need support, they need strength. The poor need to be strengthened.
– Growth is incomplete if it does not reach the last person of the society.
– West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee has put her trust in me and the centre.
– 80-90 percent people of the nation don’t have pension facility or insurance facility, says Modi.
– PM repeats Gopal Krishna Gokhale’s saying, “What Bengal thinks today, India will think tomorrow”.
– PM Modi begins speech.
– PM launches PradhanMantri Jivan Jyoti Bima Yojana, PradhanMantri Suraksha Bima Yojana & Atal Pension Yojana.
– I want to congratulate the insurance company, we must make sure these schemes reach every strata of the society, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee says.
– Modi garlands Rabindranath Tagore’s bust before launching three social security schemes in Kolkata
– Modi is set to unveil mega social security schemes shortly
-PM Narendra Modi arrives Kolkata.
The two insurance schemes — Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) — would provide insurance cover in the unfortunate event of death by any cause, death or disability due to an accident, whereas the pension scheme — Atal Pension Yojana (APY) – would address old age income security needs.
These schemes were announced in the Union Budget 2015 by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on February 28.