Many Companies promise Backlinks from PR5 to PR9 sites for a few dollars. This sounds like a very good offer and the websites look relatively credible. However, things that look too good to be true usually aren’t true. Many people have been burned by these link building services.
What do these companies promise and what do they actually do?
The promises of these fake link building companies sound very good:
* They promise you links from high PR websites.
* They promise you a quick and easy solution to get more backlinks to your site.
Unfortunately, this is not what these companies actually do. When you order such a link building package, you will get the following:
* They create fake accounts on forums with a link to your site.
* They write dubious comments in forums with a link to your site.
* They create hundreds of fake websites and Internet directories to which they “submit” your site. The websites and directories are all owned by the same company (which also owns the link building service).
These links might actually harm your website
There are several reasons why these links won’t help your website:
* The quality of the pages and the links is so low that the links won’t have a positive effect on your rankings.
* Some of these sites add the links in a way that clearly looks like a paid link (which cause problems with Google).
* Most of the links will disappear after a short time.
Some people in the scam forums even reported that they were charged for links that didn’t exist at all.
When they requested their money back, the customer service did not reply and the “US link building company” turned out to be located in an Eastern European country. The money was lost.
When it comes to link building and SEO, there is no fast-track
If you want to get lasting rankings in Google’s top 10 results, there are no quick and dirty solutions. You need high quality web page content that has been optimized for users and search engines and you need backlinks from high quality websites.
It takes some time to get these backlinks but it’s worth the time and the effort. A single link from a high quality website is better than lots of low quality links.
Remember, Quality is more important than quantity!