The new official and latest firmware updates for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 tablets have been released. The new firmware updates is packed with improvements to stability and quality as well as eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
Here the details of latest firmware updates:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.84.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v1.0.360.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover
Surface Pro 2
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.4.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v2.0.306.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover.
- Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v220.127.116.11) ensures correct surface driver is installed.
- Intel HD Graphics Family driver update (v18.104.22.16831) improves color calibration and system stability.
- Intel Display Audio driver update (v6.16.00.3189) supports compatibility with the updated HD Graphics Family driver
Note: As the update will restore the firmware, so make sure backup all precious files and photos before performing the update.
To update latest firmware for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 tablets, just simply connect to Wi-Fi. Windows should automatically offers update and installed automatically to Surface. When you connect your Surface tablet to Wi-Fi, you would probably notified with an update screen about the updates, and Windows offers to restart Surface to finish installing an update. Note: make sure Surface charged to at least 40 percent.
Else, go to Start Windows logo and select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. Once on the Windows Update screen, select “Check for updates”, and then install any available updates. After completed, restart (don’t shut down) Surface tablet.
- Next, to verify the updates is completely installed just follow the steps below.
- Go to Start Windows logo and select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Select advanced options, and then select View update history.
- If any update has a status of “Requires a restart to finish installing,” just restart Surface.
You can share or follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest info from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.