Alexa is a website that provides information about website traffic and daily visitor statistics. Alexa was founded in 1996 in an effort to solve the internet search problem by tracking user decisions and gathering the data to use it to aid future searches. This Alexa is created in California-based subsidiary of Amazon.com.
Alexa Rank is a ranking system which bases on the level of traffic that each site receives from the number of people who visit it. So the more the number of traffic you get from your visitor, the more you’ll rank well in Alexa. How you can check your site rank in Alexa is simply go to Alexa home page site and search for your own site.
Webmasters, advertisers and ad networks use your blog’s Alexa rank to determine the worth of a link on your website. Advertisers and other people approach you after seeing your blog’s Alexa rank. Even BuySellAds (BSA) approves only if you have a good Alexa rank.
* Use Toolbar : Install Alexa Toolbar. Alexa currently has toolbar for IE and Firefox. Now set your blog as homepage in both the browsers. You can do this in your relatives and friends house or even in browsing centers.
* Use Widget : Many blog owners found this tip useful. Placing Alexa Rank Widget in your blog helps a lot. But it is worth trying.
* Consistency : Alexa rank automatically improves if you update your blog frequently with good contents. Update your blog daily for a better Alexa rank.
* Reviews And Ratings : Some bloggers claim this tip has something to do with Alexa rank. Try to increase reviews and ratings for your Alexa website profile.
* Update Info : Update your listing data and blog’s site info using their Self-service tools. It gives a professional touch to it.
* Claim The Blog : Create an Alexa account or use your existing Facebook account and claim your blog. You can verify by uploading a text file or using a meta tag code.
If you know any Alexa tips to add please share/comment about it here!