YouTube is definitely the present and Future of Internet marketing. You don’t have to worry ever again about been slapped by Google with its unpredictable Zoo collection. Google owns YouTube, so, we are safe just for that. Compared to wild website ranking, YouTube ranking is extremely easier, you just need to know exactly what to do and the results will blow you away.
YouTube simply is the greatest video-sharing website ever.
People love video, that’s why videos have become a strong and highly effective marketing weapon in today’s Internet.
Unregistered users (people that don’t have a YouTube account) have the ability to watch videos, while registered users can upload an unlimited number of videos and share their existing videos with the world by recording a video.
Most of the content on YouTube has been uploaded by individuals, although media corporations including CBS, the BBC, Vevo, Hulu, and other organizations offer some of their material via the site, as part of the YouTube partnership program.
YouTube, LLC was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion in November 2006 and now operates as a Google subsidiary. Paying that amount of money plus the money that Google is actively investing in YouTube can easily tell us the unlimited marketing potential that it may have in behalf of any business that decides to get the most out of its services.
The following YouTube facts will tell you specifically why YouTube is one of the greatest inventions for the online marketing world:
- YouTube is the 3rd Top Site in the Word after Google and Facebook
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth and 50% more than last year
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 56 countries and across 61 languages
- According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day, and the number of people subscribing has more than doubled since last year
- Created in 2007 (Partners Program), we now have more than a million creators from over 30 countries around the world earning money from their YouTube videos
- Thousands of channels are making six figures a year
- Thousands of advertisers are using TrueView in-stream and 75% of our in-stream ads are now skippable
- YouTube is available on hundreds of millions of devices
- Mobile makes up more than 25% of YouTube’s global watch time, more than one billion views a day
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc.) every week
- There are 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- Millions of videos are “favorited” every day
When you see data like this you really have to believe that there is a lot of money to be made with YouTube.