The headline is one of the most important parts of your email. The headline is what draws the reader’s attention to your email. It tells them what the email is about and allows them to determine if they’re going to open it up or not.
The headline is often what dictates if only a few people open your emails or whether a large portion of your list opens your email.
Of course the best way to get people to actually open and read your emails is to develop a relationship with your subscribers, but a good headline is still important in convincing your subscribers that your email is worth reading.
So here are some headline ideas you can use in your own campaigns:
Benefit Headlines: These headlines let your subscribers know that they will be getting a specific benefit once they open and read the email. A few examples could be:
- Lose 10 pounds in 7 days…?
- How you can train your puppy to stay
- Discover the secrets of selling your own books online…
Problem Headlines: These headlines highlight a problem the subscribers might be going through and presume to offer a solution within the email. For example:
- Are you struggling to lose your belly fat? Not anymore!
- Need relief from stress? Check this out…
- Embarrassed by your hair loss? You need to see this!
How-To Headlines: These headlines tell the subscribers they are going to learn ‘how to’ do something within the email. Here are a few examples:
- How to lose 10 pounds in the next 21 days!
- How to potty train your child in 3 days!
- How to win friends and influence people
Direct Command Headlines: These headlines tell the subscribers to do something specific, for example:
- Read this if you want to discover the secret of growing pumpkins!
- Get started with your own online business today!
- Stop struggling to lose weight today!
Question Headlines: These headlines ask subscribers a question about some problem they are going through. Here are a few examples:
- How long have you struggled to lose your belly fat?
- Do you need help with your marriage?
- Why haven’t you started making a full time income online?
Offer Headlines: These headlines present a specific offer to the subscriber, for example:
- Free shipping on all books ordered today!
- 20% off if you order today!
- Buy one get one free…24 hours only!
Use these headline examples in your own email campaigns. Obviously use your own offers and benefits to fit your subscribers.
This is part of email marketing course series of posts. I hope you have enjoyed this email marketing training course, and that you go out and actually implement what you have learn. Don’t just go through this training course and then do nothing with it.
Don’t miss this complete series of email marketing course:
- What’s The Purpose Of Your Email Campaign?
- How To Organize Your Email Campaign
- How To Create Credibility With Your Subscribers
- How To Create Rapport With Your Subscribers
- How You Should Write Your Emails
- Writing Headlines For Your Emails
- Writing A Call-To-Action In Your Email
- How To Write Content Emails
- How To Write Free Gift Emails
- How To Write Promotional Emails
- How To Write Feedback Emails
- How To Write Emails That Generate A Response
- How To Properly Format Your Emails
- Why You Must Write Your Own Emails
- How Often Should You Be Mailing Your List?
- How To Track The Success Of Your Campaigns
- The Biggest Email Marketing Myth
- How To Make Money From Your Subscribers In The Long Run